Made some adjustments to my blog theme.
- search box graphic and placeholder text
- added jetpack subscriptions module and some css to handle it
- gave page a max width so it doesn’t look ridiculous on wide screen monitors.
- sidebar: removed dotted borders added white space, toned down colours – reduced noise
- Removed grey post-meta-content (categories, tags) boxes. Put all post meta data in TOP, with comments repeated at bottom. (Similar to when I started this theme!)
- Added hover highlight to gallery images (now consistent with image links not in a gallery). Cleaned up some of the code (to not generate HTML comments) and random fixes here and there.
- Removed lots of black. Too harsh.
You might have to click refresh. And you might not even notice any changes. 😛
Feel free to leave a comment or use Markup to make suggestions. Markup’s a pretty cool tool.
It’s interesting to compare the progression of my themes. Well, interesting for me, at least. 🙂
I think the next time I decide to work on a theme, I will start from scratch. Clean slate. Make it more consistent with my root page.
On a related note, the latest version of WordPress, 3.3.2, is really nice.