We have a potluck lunch in the office, tomorrow, so I did something I never do: bake. 😮 I know, I know. Anyway, I decided on these things called Tuna Teasers – I remember enjoying when my mom had made them. Then I looked at the recipe. My god, was it simple! And quick! It’s from a recipe book called Fast and Fantastic, so I guess it holds true, in this case. 🙂 Here’s the recipe:
- 1 c flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp onion salt (I substituted with onion flakes)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 can flaked tuna fish, drained
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp finely minced green pepper (I substituted with green onion)
Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Combine first 5 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add milk and stir until blended. Add last 3 ingredients. Mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 36 small puffs. About 15 medium sized.