I’ve updated the Jump-to-Playing plugin for Rhythmbox. The latest version is now 0.2, and it’s a large improvement. Many thanks to Dan Mihai Ile for his work on the configure dialog and the gconf functionality! I’ve been really busy recently, and without his efforts, I wouldn’t have gotten around to working on this.
Changes Since 0.1
- Added preferences dialog based on work from Dan Mihai Ile, allowing either the toolbar button or the context menu item to be displayed.
- Modifed the UI of the preferences dialog (HIG compliance).
- Made the preferences dialog act immediately (HIG compliance).
- Toolbar Jump-to-Playing button hides in small display mode.
- Browser button also hides in small display mode. This should probably be moved into a different plugin, or the core. But I’ve left it here, for now.
- Included QueuePlaylistView’s context menu in addition to the Browser Source popup.
Moved UI XML into strings within __init__.py.
- Added GPL license to files.
- Updated plugin description.
- Checks if small display is active on activation.
jump-to-playing-0.2.tar.gz (Update: Newer version is available.)
- Extract the
jump-to-playing folder into your
~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/ directory. Completely replace any previous versions.
- (Re)Start Rhythmbox and enable the plugin in
Edit : Plugins.
- Force “Properties” to bottom of browser context menu (may depend on placeholder being added to the context menu)
- Add Configure dialog with checkboxes for toolbar and browser context menu, defaulting to toolbar only (both is a little redundant). Currently, both are added automatically.
[x] Add button to toolbar
[_]Add link to browser context menu
- Hide toolbar button in Small Display mode.
The code could definitely be better and there’s still room for features/general improvements. All patches and code-clean-up are welcome! 😉